TRIDENT LAYERS ORCHARD PEACH + RIPE MANGO
As far as I am aware, there is not another type of gum offering up this flavor combo, so I consider it a major development for ol’ Trident. BECAUSE PEACH AND MANGO ARE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER, GUYS! Seriously, this gum is terrific. It might just be the best of the Trident Layers batch (!!!!!).
Sidenote: The last two offerings in the Layers family (this and Cherry/Lime) are FAR AND AWAY the better of the five. Whatever brainstorm session went on in Trident headquarters to get these two on the market, THERE SHOULD BE MORE OF THEM. Hehe.
This gum really tastes like both of its flavors, and both peach and mango are such subtle, summer-y flavors that they don’t bog things down. They combine nicely into a fruit gum that is AWESOME because it doesn’t involve eitherrrr of the fruit-gum mainstays, CITRUS or BERRY! It’s revoluntionary thinking, and I’m 100% behind it!
I do take someeee issue with the toughness of all Trident gums, but I find with the Layers line that if you can just get past those first few hard chews, it gets a lot softer (before it, like all gums, gets tough again…). And if the flavor is there, then it’s allllll worth it (and this one IS, man, and it develops over time… NO JOKE!). Anddddd the flavors lasts and lasts! Ahhhhhhh! GUM HEAVENNNNNN!
Listen to what I’m saying guys, ONE OF THE BEST FRUIT GUMS I’VE HAD. Now, go… enjoy!
Flavor Strength: 10
Comments: Strong and, like, totally wicked awesome, yo!
Flavor Endurance: 8
Comments: After chewin’ and chewin’, the flavors combine sliiiightly too much and get a little mixed up… but whatev.
Final thought: I’m ten minutes into this piece and it literally tastes like I just ate a mango. IT’S AMAZING. TRY THIS IMMEDIATELY. And report back?
- honeypandachild reblogged this from tvandgumareawesome and added:
- jgreeley answered: I LOVE TRIDENT LAYERS!!! thank you for this review!!
- 14surfergirl answered: yes
- jennymel likes this
- lifesanocean answered: the thought of these 2 flavors together makes me want to throw up in my mouth
- stupidhershy answered: well i never get anything peach or mango flavored because those things dont need flavors. but for the heck of it i tried it. IT IS TERRIBLE!
- tvandgumareawesome posted this